Your engagement ring is an important you've ever wear, while this doesn't mean that you should wear it every hour. Here we look at 7 times when the engagement rings definitely shouldn’t be wearing.
1. In the gym: Frankly speaking, any form of exercise is a no-no for engagement rings, no matter it’s on the treadmill or on the softball field. Just the constant extreme movement of most types of exercise can cause the ring to twist and gone of the stone, let alone the obvious potential for damage from knocks. It is not a knee support, it’s your engagement ring, so take it off!
2. Cleaning the house: Bleach, ammonia, and other solvents can permanently damage both the metal and the stones.
3. Swimming: Unless you’re in a pool heated to quite a high temperature, the water will be cooler than you. Therefore your engagement ring will be easily to slip right off, as your fingers shrink slightly. More importantly, salt and chlorine can seriously affect the metal of the band, especially if it is treated metal like white gold.
4. During your beauty regime: this is long-time negative effect, those beauty products buildup does two things over a period of time. Firstly, it attracts as much dirt, grease and grime as it can. Secondly, it gets further and further into the nooks and crannies of your ring. This will finally leads the loosening of the stones due to the increased pressure from beneath.
5. When you’re sick: During that time, you body has experiencing weight loss, dehydration, localized swelling and many more secondary symptoms that can cause your ring to loosen or tighten on your finger.
6. Cooking: Almost everything we touch when preparing a meal from scratch will make our hands sticky, smelly, oily or any one of a thousand usually undesirable things. To be honest, they are a recipe for disaster when it comes to your wedding ring.
7. In bed: There is an argument that, if you’re wearing it, you can’t lose it, but that doesn’t mean you should just accept that the risk of damage is acceptable. It’s what your nightstand was made for.
If you do want accompany with a shiny jewelry while you doing above activities, you can choose a cheap engagement rings substitute your real one.