What are Simple Engagement Rings?
Simple engagement rings are one of my favorite engagement ring categories. When shopping for the perfect engagement ring for your perfect proposal, it’s easy to get caught up in what is popular nowadays. Since that’s what marketers are showing us, we think trends are more permanent than they are. But style changes over time, just like clothes. Which is why simple engagement rings are so wonderful.
These rings not only put the focus on what’s important, but are also elegant and timeless! Nothing too flashy or experimental, yet dazzling and simple. Though many people think of vintage rings when they think of simple engagement rings, not all simple rings are vintage, and not all vintage rings are simple. Here is a guide to finding the perfect simple engagement ring.
Examples of Simple Engagement Rings
What’s the first thing people think when you say ‘simple engagement rings’?
Usually, solitaire engagement rings.
So what’s a solitaire? Solitaires refer to an engagement ring that is made up only of metal, and a single stone.
Benefits of Simple Engagement Rings
As with any category of engagement rings, there are many benefits to choosing a simple one. Here are a few:
1. First, they embody a timeless excellence. This style of ring has been around for ages. It has lasted because of the simplicity and minimalist beauty. In other words, it won’t go out of style.
2. They’re less costly, for a few reasons. First, the actual ring is usually a little less pricey due to the lack of costly embellishments. Second, there are less ongoing expenses and maintenance. Finally, it will cost less to insure your simple ring.
3. All of the above points help lead to this: your simple engagement rings will be less likely to be stolen.
4. Simple rings focus the beauty on the actual stone. Whereas extravagant rings disperse the attention on the overall band, a simple ring will accentuate the stone’s beauty.
5. If you have a very simple engagement ring, it’s easier to match the wedding bands.
6. On the same note, simple engagement rings will most likely match your partner’s wedding ring more.
CONS OF SIMPLE ENGAGEMENT RINGS
Though many of the cons associated with simple engagement rings are due to personal subjections, we’ve come up with a few things you might want to consider before purchasing one.
1. The piece might not be as unique. Earlier, we referred to simple engagement rings as ‘timeless,’ which by definition means it won’t stand out as much.
2. They reveal the size of the center stone more easily. By that, I mean that on a more extravagant ring, the center stone could look bigger with a halo. Really, you could get a 3/4 carat stone with a halo and it would like a 1 carat. With a simple engagement ring, the stone will look true to size, which often means smaller.
HOW TO PERSONALIZE A SIMPLE ENGAGEMENT RING
Though the best part of a simple engagement ring is, well, its simplicity, sometimes couple would like to personalize it in certain ways. There are many ways to get creative with engagement rings, but here are 3 common ways:
1. Engraving (we offer free engraving on any ring).
2. Get it in rose gold (or palladium).
3. Get Moissanite or sapphire instead of a diamond.